- What: TJAA Annual General Meeting and Social with Speaker and Light Dinner
- Where: Museum of Biblical Art, Dallas (inside the Community Sukkah which will be erected for The Sukkah Project)
- When: Tuesday - September 25, 5:30 - 7:30 pm
- Who May Attend: Open to TJAA members and non-members
- About the Speaker: Our speaker will be TJAA member Garry Goff, who will speak about the Israeli Air Force in Israel's Air War for Independence, the 6 Day Air War, and Yom Kippur Air War. If you weren't able to attend Garry's talk last October, don’t miss this! Garry was a Captain in the US Air Force and personally met and worked with a team from the Israeli Air Force, and has interesting insights to share. Garry is a dynamic speaker, and his information was fascinating. Comments after his last presentation were: "(I now have) an appreciation of the bravery demonstrated by the pilots who flew those aircraft.” And many attendees communicated a profound discovery of their previously unknown heritage, as well as a respect for the resourcefulness exhibited by Israeli flyers who defend the air above their country.
Invitations and more specifics will be sent out in early September
- Location - Museum of Biblical Art, 7500 Park Lane, Dallas
- Application deadline to apply for a vendor booth in the Artists’ Village is July 31st.
- To learn more, visit the news page: www.texasjewisharts.org/news/. Our juror is the esteemed Jordan Roth, co-owner of Ro2 Art Gallery
- About the Event:
The Sukkah Project has become a huge, exciting event and the opening day will be amazing! The opening day will be widely publicized and we hope to have 1,000 people in attendance! Mark your calendar, because you won’t want to miss it!
Learn More: Visit: www.thesukkahproject.org/sukkah-festival
For the project itself, we have received over 30 applicants for the juried architectural sukkah competition. Entrants have come from the DFW area to, literally across the US, north to south and east to west, and from Mexico, Canada, and Greece! The winning sukkahs will be erected and remain up for the week of Sukkot, September 21 - 27, 2018.
Location: Ft. Worth August 26 – 2 pm
- Why Ft. Worth? Because this idea has been in the works for almost a year … and we DO have quite a few members in the Fort Worth area.
- The location and speaker will be announced soon.
- This will be a fun social event in which TJAA members will get together to build a community sukkah. The event planners are lining up a speaker to give some insights into the holiday and sukkahs.
- This event will be open to the community.